Ada Lee Ann Berry, daughter of John Robert Berry from Orange County, NC
- Generation Robert and Mary Williamson Berry, Princess Anne County. Virginia
- Generation Robert and Elizabeth Cate Berry, Orange County, North Carolina.
- Generation William and Hannah Cate Berry, Orange County, North Carolina.
- Generation Thomas Person and Sarah Lunsford Berry, Orange County, North Carolina.
- Generation John Robert and Elizabeth Francis Bowling Berry, Orange County, North Carolina.
Ada Lee Berry was born July 11th 1875. On Sept 1, 1895 she married William Jackson Rogers. William J. Rogers was born in Granville County, NC on October 10th 1864. He was the son of William Clinton Rogers and Rachel Starke Holeman.
We need to look at the the Starke Surname of Rachel Starke Holeman since three of David J. Berry’s descendants in Georgia married into the Starke Family. This is the first time I have seen the name in Orange County, North Carolina.
Ada Lee Ann Berry Rogers died on November 22nd 1968 and William Jackson Rogers died on April 12th 1931. They are both buried at Berry’s Grove Baptist Church. To View Newspaper Clipping Click on the Small Image William Jackson and Ada Lee Ann Berry Rogers had nine children.
- James Jackson Rogers b August 8 1896 d. May 7 1969 Served as a Private in the Army in World War One
- William Richard Rogers b August 18th 1899 d. November 11th 1955.
- John Bryant Rogers b September 14 1900 d November 23 1985 Buried at Woodlawn Memorial Park in Durham, North Carolina. Married Catherine Durham b November 25 1910 d.February 23 1971
- Charlie Wayne Rogers b. October 3 1902 d. Aug 27 1992 Married Claudia Corbette b. May 3 1906 d. April 3 1983 (No Children). They were married in Danville Virginia on May 21 1935. Both are buried at Alamance Memorial Park in Burlington NC.
- Elizabeth Rachel (Bettie) Rogers b March 14th 1905 d. October 9th 1986 She was married on December 26 1923 to Odie Wilson who was born January 6th 1902 and died January 9th 1992. Both are buried at Mount Zion Christian Church Cemetery, Orange County, NC.
- Mary W.Rogers b July 4 1907 d. Jan 9 1988 Source: family records and findagrave.com. Buried at Berrys Grove Baptist Church.
- Hal Kitchen Rogers b. September 1 1909 d. April 11 1969 Married Doris Deans
- Ewart Bryar Rogers b Oct 19 1911 d. July 7 2007 (Source Family records) buried at Berrys Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, Orange County, NC.Euart Rogers married Maxine Virginia Walters. b.August 21 1917 d. April 26, 1994.
- Helen Pattie Rogers b April 29 1915 d. June 11 1996. married January 8, 1935 to Charlie Graham Ashley (died on August 1995 in a house fire).
William Jackson and Ada Lee Berry Rogers moved over to Person County after they were married
“ William Jackson and Ada Lee Berry Rogers can not be found in a census until 11 years after they were married in 1889 This is because the 1890 Census was lost”
- William Jackson and Ada Lee Ann Berry Rogers are in the 1910 Person County Census.
- Ada Lee Berry and her husband William Jackson Rogers are in the 1920 Person County Census.
- I have been unable to locate Ada and William Jackson Rogers in the 1930 Census.