Ira Berry, son of Lewis And Sally Toler Berry
- Generation, Robert and Mary Williamson Berry. Princess Anne County, Virginia.
- Generation Robert and Elizabeth Cate Berry, Orange County, North Carolina.
- Generation Joshua and Nancy Ellison Berry, Orange County, North Carolina.
- Generation Lewis and Sally Toler Berry, Orange County, North Carolina.
Ira Berry was born in 1833 in Orange County North Carolina
If you check the 1850 Orange County, North Carolina, Census you will find Ira Berry age 17 at his Uncle Eli Berry’s house. Next door to uncle Eli Berry is James amd Nancy Ellison Berry Waggoner with one son John who is 9 months old.
Now if you check the 1860 census in Union County Kentucky you see Ira age 26 and his wife Nancy Wynn/Winn Berry living next door to James and and Nancy Ellison Berry Waggoner and son John who was born in North Carolina and was then 10 years old. Ira’s mother and father, Lewis Berry and Sally Tolar were married on October 13th, 1829 in Orange County NC.Lewis died in Orange County NC in 1858 , There was a worldwide flu epidemic that year.Sally (Sarah) Tolar Berry removed to Kentucky soon after Lewis died.
Sally (Sarah Tolar Berry) was living with her daughter Nancy E Waggoner in Kentucky in 1860. Sally (Sarah Tolar Berry) most likely died there in Union County Kentucky.
In the 1860 Union County Kentucky Census Ira’s oldest son is Franklin who is 4 years old and born in Kentucky. This would mean that Ira and his wife Nancy Wynn/Winn Berry had been in Kentucky since at least 1856.
In that same census it states that Nancy Winn/Winn was born in Tennessee. Ira may have met her in Smith County Tennessee where his Uncle James Berry was living. It would be reasonable for Ira to spend some time there on his way to Kentucky. Smith County Tennessee would not be out of the way if a person was comming from North Carolins to Kentucky. All of this part of this writing is purely speculation however. James Berry did live in Smith County Tennessee from sometime in the mid 1830’s. He is in the 1840 and 1850 Census there.
- Franklin Pierce Berry Born 1855 in Kentucky DNA DONOR LINE
- Thomas Berry Born 1857 Kentucky
- Edward Berry Born 1859 Kentucky
- William Berry Born 1862 Kentucky
- Decator Berry Born 1867 Kentucky
- James Berry Born 1865 Kentucky
Ira Berry was born in Orange County North Carolina and died in Kentucky.
“ Ira Berry was 17 years old in the 1850 Orange County NC Census”
- Ira Berry was visiting his uncle Eli Berry when the 1850 Orange County Census was taken.
- Ira Berry listed in Union County Kentucky in the 1860 Census
- Ira Berry wife Nancy listed head of houshold in Union County Kentucky in the 1870 Census. Nancy and Franklin are at the bottom of this page
- Thes rest of Ira Berry family is listed at the top of this page Union County Kentucky in the 1870 Census