Sarah Berry, Daughter Of John And Mary Howell Berry
- Generation Robert and Mary Williamson Berry: Princess Anne County, Virginia
- Generation Robert and Elizabeth Cate Berry: Orange County, North Carolina.
- Generation Robert Jr and Mary Waggoner Berry: NC & Fayette County. Alabama.
- Generation George and Susan Berry: NC & Fayette County. Alabama.
- Generation John and Mary Howell Berry:NC, ALA, Rusk County, Texas.
She was born on April 20, 1839 in Alabama and died in Galveston Texas on June 5th 1917 We were able to find Sarah Berry Dippold’s grave in 2006 while I was staying in Houston for medical reasons. The grave is located in the Trinity Episcopal Church Cemetery which is located in Galveston Texas. She is buried in Block # 100 plot 18 of that Cemetery. I was unable to locate her husband but he may still be buried there. This Cemetery has been raised several times, as it keeps sinking they haul in more dirt . Each family is responsible to see that their relatives headstones are raised to the new level. If the family does not assume that responsibility the grave is covered with dirt and is no longer visible. The sinking of the Island is caused by removal of oil from the surface below. Sarah was married five times. This was during the period of the civil war and may be the reason so many of them died. She married her first husband Hiram Howard on November 24th 1853. Sarah married her second husband, Francis M. McClure on January 5th 1859. On May 18th 1863 Sarah Married her third Husband Robert A. Taylor. Sarah married her fourth husband, Henry B. Stoneham on August 29 1868. She married her fifth Husband Henrick Dippold on Fbruary 15th 1880.
- Sarah Dippold’s Widow Schedule
- Henry Dippold’s Register of Enlistment
- Sarah Dippolds Widow’s Confirmation form
- Henry Dippold’s Army Census
There were no children born to the last two marriages.
- SON OF SARAH AND HIRAM HOWARD
- John William Howard b September 3, 1857 d November 1st 1909
- SON OF SARAH AND FRANCIS M. McCLURE
- Norman S. McClure Cir 1860
- CHILDREN OF SARAH AND ROBERT A. TAYLOR
- Thomas Stanford Taylor b 1864
- James Emery Taylor Cir 1866
“ Sarah Berry listed in Fayette County Alabama and Rusk County Texas Census ”
- Sarah Berry was first listed in her fathers 1840 census in Fayette County Alabama
- Sarah Berry was married to Francis McClure in 1860. They listed Census in Rusk County Texas.
- Sarah Berry Stonham listed in Henderson, Rusk County Texas in 1870
- Sarah Berry Dippold listed with her husband in Brownsville, Cameron County Texas in 1880
- Sarah Berry Dippold listed as head of household as a widow in Galveston, Galveston Texas 1900 Census
- Sarah Berry Dippold was living with her son Thomas S. Taylor in Galveston Texas the 1910 Census