Joshua Berry Jr., Son Of Joshua Berry And Nancy Ellison Berry
- Generation Robert and Mary Williamson Berry: Princess Anne County, Virginia
- Generation Robert and Elizabeth Cate Berry: Orange County, North Carolina.
- Generation Joshua and Nancy Ellison Berry: Orange County, North Carolina
- JOSHUA BERRY Jr. was born in April 15th 1801 in Orange County North Carolina.
Joshua Berry Jr.and Anna Thorpe were married Cica 1819.
In the 1850 Census Anna was listed as being born in North Carolina but her family has not been located at the time of this writing. Joshua and Anna were in Gallia Ohio, Raccoon Township in the 1830 Census.Their oldest son Lewis was born in Ohio in 1826. In the 1830 census of Gallia County Ohio Isaac Rutherford was living next door to Joshua and five farms away there was a James Thorpe and his family.There is a very good Chance that James Thorpe was Joshua Berry’s brother in law. James was listed in the 30 to 40 age bracket an Anna Thorpe Berry was age 30.
Joshua Berry and his family lived in Ohio for at least 17 years because all of their children were born there according to the Boone County Indiana, Census where they were living in 1850.
Apparently Joshua and his family only lived in Indiana for a short time because in 1854 he was in Benton County Iowa. The family was still living in Benton County Iowa in the 1860 census but has not been located in the 1870 Census Joshua died on May 29th 1879 at the age of 78 years, 1 month and 14 days old. Joshua is buried at Mount Pleasant Cemetery in Canton Township, Benton County Iowa. The man on the left in the picture above may be Joshua Berry Jr. and two of his sons. The Gentleman in the center is William James Berry and the one on the right would be either Lewis, Harrison, or Robert Berry
We have no record of Anna Thorpe Berry’s death and burial. Anna Thorpe Berry was living with her 37 year old son Joseph Berry and his wife Sarah in Benton Township, Benton County Iowa Census on June 1st 1880 as a widow. She was listed as 77 years old.
- Harrison Berry
- Lewis Berry Was born in Ohio in 1826.
- Robert Berry Was born in Ohio in 1828
- Nancy Berry Was born in Ohio in 1832
- John Berry Was born in Ohio in 1833
- Aleccann Berry Was born in Ohio in 1835
- Samuel Berry Was born in Ohio in 1837
- Martha J. Berry Was born in Ohio in 1838
- William Berry Was born in Ohio in 1840
- Joseph Berry Was born in Ohio in 1843
Joshua Berry Jr was born in Orange County NC and died in Benton County Iowa.
May 17, 2008 Updated 10/21/2015
- Joshua Berry Jr. was listed on his fathers Orange County Census in 1810 and 1820 He has not been located in the 1870 census
- Joshua Berry Jr. listed in Gallia County Ohio, Raccoon Township in the 1830 Census.
- Joshua Berry Jr. did list in Boone County Indiana in 1840 even though his youngest son was listed as being born in Ohio in 1843. Most likely that was an error in the 1850 listing.
- Joshua Berry jr. listed in Benton County Iowa in the 17th district in 1850. His listing was made on the 17th of August 1850.
- Joshua Berry Jr. listed in the 1856 Iowa State Census Household # 54
- Joshua Berry jr.listed in Polk Township, Benton County Iowa in 1860.
- Unable to find 1870 census for Joshua Berry jr.
- Joshua Berry died May 29 1879
- Anna Thorpe Berry (77 year old Widow) living with her youngest son Joseph Berry in 1880